I make a big deal about being honest with myself. I sometimes bandy it about like a self-righteous sword. So let me be honest....about smoking. I've smoked for 38 yrs. In all that time, I've quit for 9 days. My older sister, who I just posted about, died from lung cancer. I've had a heart attack. I was smoking a week later. Want honesty? I lost I relationship with someone because of smoking. Who gives up someone who for a cigarette? I did.
I'm not proud of any of this. Not in any way or form. But its the truth. I promised each of my daughters I would quit. When burying my sister, I made a silent promise to quit. I promised a women I was involved with I would. Through it all I reached for a cigarette. I've tried the patch. Hypnotism. Pills. Cold turkey.Acupuncture. Chantix.
Been there. Done that. Failed every time. I sat and watched my dad waste away to nothing because he couldn't put a cigarette down.
I have no excuses. But I do demand honesty. About myself. Hence, the post.
Friday, September 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
You can't get much more honest than that.....now the only question is When??
Post a Comment